Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pangea Shawl

Hey look! I can still finish a project! And I remembered how to take pictures. I even did a little photo session with the bushes outside.


Amazing I tell ya!

I took the liberty of going to wikipedia and copying a bit about Pangea.

Pangaea, Pangæa or Pangea (IPA: /pænˈdʒiːə/[1], from παν, pan, meaning entire, and Γαῖα, Gaea, meaning Earth in Ancient Greek) was the supercontinent that existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras about 250 million years ago, before the component continents were separated into their current configuration [2].


Before blocking:




After blocking:



A close-up:



And my sad attempts at photography =) :






specs:
Pangea shawl by Sarah-Hope Parmeter
Needles: Knit Picks options size 2
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow in Lost Lake (body) and Midnight (edging)
I tried to do a literal interpretation of the name. Doing the green for the body, to represent the super-continent. And the border in a dark blue to represent the ocean.
Sarah-Hope added another award to the KAL "Best Interpretation of Theme" and deemed me worthy. I am honored. Thanks Sarah! It's a lovely shawl and was a lot of fun to knit!

No comments: