Friday, June 12, 2009

Whatever happened to those shawls I promised?

Yeah, I don't really know what happened either...


Without further ado:

Vernal Equinox Shawl
I knit this shawl as part of a KAL on Ravelry..it was a lot of fun!
Stats:
Started Jan. 2009 Finished April 14, 2009
Yarn: Baruffa Cashwool
Needles: size 2
Thoughts: I love it! I think it is absolutely breathtaking (if I do say so myself).
I gifted this shawl to one of AJ's aunts as a thank you for all the baby stuff she has given us.


Mystic Ice
Yet another shawl in the Mystic series..what can I say? I am addicted to these patterns!

(I know this next pic is sideways..I still need to figure out how to flip it with the new camera/software)
Stats:
Started November 2008 Finished April 16 2009
Yarn: Yarntopia Treasures 10/2 Tencel yarn in "Sharks Tale"
Needles: size 1 (I think)
Thoughts: Although I do really like the shawl, it is not my favorite. All my favorites from this series still need to be finished (some are barely started!!!!).
I can't complain about the cost of the yarn, and it truly is beautiful..I am just not thrilled with the striping...oh well, that's a handpaint for ya. Also, the tencel is a little wierd to work with...it felt a bit like string.
With all that though, I did buy more of this yarn in 2 different colorways.
I may not have been blogging..but I have been knitting!!! Hopefully I will catch up soon with the blogging!

No comments: