Monday, August 03, 2009

Settling in

Well the baby shower has come and gone. It was so much fun! Adams mom, Pat, did a bang up job. The place was beautiful and so many people came. I swear I was opening presents for well over 2 hours....which reminds me I am very late getting thank you cards out..something else to put on the list.
We attended our birthing class. A whole weekend dedicated to nothing but delivery and baby. I feel a lot better now that I know what to expect, (well as much as possible anyway). And Adam really surprised me...he was the star pupil on the daddy side. I guess that's what leaving the pregnancy books in the bathroom will do for you.
Also, we survived the move. We LOVE our new place. So much more room and light. In a week we have just about everything unpacked. The only things left to do are a few boxes for my desk (I am procrastinating on those), and the babies room.
For some reason I am really overwhelmed by doing the nursery. I thought it would be my reward for getting the rest of the place in order. But every time I walk in there I get flustered and don't know where to start. Pat is coming over on Wednesday to get measurements for curtains, etc. so there is light at the end of that tunnel. I think once we get started it will be fun and I will feel more confident about it all.
Of course there are now other things we would like to get...a dining room table, pictures, a nightstand for Adam, and other little odds and ends..but even without those things, we feel at home. And it's so very, very nice.
With all that, I now feel almost ready for the little beans arrival. Which is a good thing considering she is due August 15Th. I am very anxious to hold her in my arms, but at the same time a little sad that this part is almost over.

And now, with no segue what-so-ever..I will show some knitting. Again, just trying to catch up here. I think I am almost up to date!

Pheasant Run socks (part of the Loopy Ewe sock club from 08?)

Yarn: Claudia's Hand painted
Fun, fast, and love the colors!

Glynis (from Cookie A's sock innovation)
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy "Some summer sky"
Gifted to my sister Wynde
So pretty! I like the end results better then I thought I would, and the pattern was on the easier side for a Cookie pattern.

Oh wow..bad pic. sorry

Baudelaire: Another Cookie A pattern from Knitty
Yarn: Malabrigo sock (My new favorite!)..can't remember the colorway.
These were an absolute dream to knit. If you have not knit with Malabrigo yet, I HIGHLY recommend you start! I don't care what weight you use, they are all fabulous.



Felted Clogs from Fiber trends
Yarn: Cascade 220
Made for Adam
These took absolutely no time to knit. I think I could do a pair in a day if I applied myself. I did not attach a rubber sole, and I think they are better that way.
Adam had surgery on his knee back in May, and the clogs were his footwear of choice during his recuperation. He has loved them so much I think I may have to make another pair soon.

Finally, wow I can't believe I forgot to post this!!!

Ribbons Baby Blanket by FiberTrends.
Yarn: Pattons Decor
Knit for friends new baby girl born March 16th.
Love this pattern as well. It's knit in the round and is made up of knits, purls, and a few yarn overs. Easy, easy, easy. Mom and dad love it so much they have requested one for big brother. I am thinking the spider man blanket would be perfect.

And that's a wrap! I think I just have one more lingering FO to show, and then on to the new stuff. (Yes, I know there are FO's lingering on the sidebar I have not shown yet. That's because they all still need a little something..I'll get there sooner or later).


No comments: