Saturday, July 22, 2006

OMG! What the hell did I just do???

Ok, first off I know it's been a while, sorry. I'm new at this remember?
This post is going to be pic free....I think unless I get snazzy and can figure out a few things while I am posting this.
Anyway, to the OMG part..
I know lots of you read The Harlot, and so many of you have heard of or helped bury the Heathen Housewife in sock yarn.
Well I heard of it and so I zipped on over to HH's blog and have been reading everyday ever since. She is making a gorgeous blanket (mitered?) out of sock yarn. You can find pics of it here, as well as her awesome blog. http://www.shellykang.com/Blog/
She is getting lots of left overs and has offered to share with others, she went on to say if anyone was willing to do this for charity they would be put at the top of the list.
Well, I am all for a good cause, and I love to knit, and I like challenges, and I am a bit of a show off....
Yes, I offered to do a charity blanket, and to my surprise, she got right back to me and said I was at the top of the list!
OH NELLY! I don't know why I got the butterflies in my belly, but I do!
I am really excited to be doing something as special and awesome as this is, I only hope that I will be able to meet (hopefully surpass) expectations.
As you can see by that last comment I am not a perfectionist at all. HA!

No comments: