Monday, January 19, 2009

FO's on parade

All except one of these have been done for some time. The reason they have not been seen until now is because I let them sit for months waiting for a few ends to be woven in. Did I mention I loathe finishing work?

Without further ado, the last of 2008's FO's:


Skull Illusion Scarf




This scarf was my first attempt at shadow knitting. It was a simple and fun knit. When you look right at it, the scarf just looks like black and red stripes, but at different angles you see the skulls, hence the illusion. I knit it with Cascade 220, one skein of each color. This is for my friend Katie, and I got a feeling she is going to love it.

Next up, and I apologize cause the picture is horrible but the best I could get, is a pair of Dashings for my buddy Dan:

Made out of Berroco Ultra Alpaca. They are very soft and warm. Dan is a smoker that does a lot of walking so I hope these keep his arms and hands nice and toasty.

And now, the first of the 2009 FO's:

We Call them Pirates hat


I made one of these a few years ago and my buddy Dan (another one) went nuts over it. He has been begging me to make him one ever since. It's done in Knit Picks yarn, DK weight, but I cannot remember the name of the yarn, and don't really feel like looking it up. (Sorry guys, I am feeling super lazy today.) Anyway, it was super cheap to make, and I know he will be thrilled to have it.


The last FO I have to show you is Morgan:

(And yes, I know I look like absolute doody in these pics, but I wanted to show you modeled shots)
I don't know how I feel about this one. I guess it looks the way it should, but I am just not that crazy about it.
I knit this for yet another buddy named Dan, this one being the above mentioned Katie's boyfriend. I know he likes hats, and I know he owns another hat in this style, I am just not sure what he will think of this one. I should have probably made it in a darker color, but I went with what I had on hand.

I hate giving someone a gift that I am not thrilled with, but I am biased. The hat is not really my style, and I am my own worst critic. Anyone out there got any opinions? Feel free to share, you wont hurt my feelings. =)

No comments: