Monday, December 04, 2006

The Sizzler

AS we all know my blogging is sporadic. There will be times you get 5 posts a week, and then there will be times where you get a post a month.
Well, I am trying. =)
See, the thing is, I have a bit of an obsession called knitting. Not like most people..I MUST do it in all free time afforded to me. I used to play online games...no more. I used to read a novel (or more) a week..Not so much these days.
Knitters Anonymous was made for people like me. I really am an addict. KA actually has a patch...You know like the smokers patch?..And B said he was going to make me wear it. LOL.
But I consider this a good addiction. I have not smoked a cigarette in over a week (I'm not saying I am quitting 'cuz every time I do I end up lighting up again..In fact Im craving one right now!), and I cannot remember the last time I was at a bar. The truth is, I'd rather be knitting. Yes, maybe with a beer or wine close by..But Im finding that "hanging out" and drinking is not so much fun anymore.
I just wrote a big schpeel about drinking and restaurant workers.. But I don't really want to get into that right now.
So yes, I am an addicted OC knitter..And I am proud of it.
I have a heck of a lot of things on the needles right now. Some have deadlines, some do not. But for me I guess all my projects have deadlines..cuz I am a freak that way. I set goals and try to meet them with my knitting. LOL.
So currently on the needles (and trying to be knit ) is:
Baby Blanket
Peapod Baby Set
We Call Them Pirates Hat (for the Stranded KAL)
Irish Hiking Scarf..Not sure where this is online..I think Hello Yarns.
Branching out scarf (from Knitty)
Flower Basket Shawl
Kimono shawl
English Lace scarf
Elfine socks
Mitered Sock Blanket

I think that is it. Wow that is a lot. Maybe I have a bit of attention deficit disorder as well.

But with all this going on, I have managed to finish a few things, and I am now FINALLY getting to the point of this entry.

That would be Sizzle by Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic fame.



I started it on 11-5-06 but had to frog 'cuz it was too big..Even though I thought I had gauge.


So I restarted on 11-7-06
and finished on 11-15 06 with most of the knitting done in about 4 days time.
The yarn is Plymouth Suri Merino and it is lovely.

The pattern was clear and easy to follow..And I am VERY pleased with the results. Do yourself a favor and knit something by Wendy today. She's got some great patterns. I have yarn for 3 more projects from her (as soon as I get some of that stuff above off the needles I am casting on!)

And yes...I do have another FO to show you..My first finished lace project ever! Some of you may have seen it already if you checked out the lace KAL's. Hopefully I will post about that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie!

Got your note about the Flickr invite; just let me know if you need a new one! I think you can request to be a part of the group and we'll be able to see, as admins, that there are pending members, too.

Nice Sizzle!