Saturday, January 27, 2007

Out with the old..in with the new.

So, as you can see there have been a few changes on this here blog. I switched over to the new blogger yesterday. I was not sure at first if I had made a good choice, because I was not able to post any pictures until now..and I had to sign in at least 5 times to access my account.

But now, all seems well. There are some cool new features which I will be playing around with..and with a little luck, maybe I'll have a blog like the "cool people" do.

On another note THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your nice comments on the Hidcote. I am very pleased with her. If you have a desire to make one yourself you can join up with the KAL .
I thought I would want a break from lace after finishing this huge project..but I find myself itching for more...thank goodness the Forest Path Stole KAL is just around the corner.

Before I can begin the FPS though, I need to finish my January goals. I still have to finish the baby blanket and the Peapod set...and I am a little behind.
Why you ask? What a great question.
The other night I was working along on this adorable little sweater and realized that I was going through my yarn pretty fast..too fast. So I measured the garment and found it was 4" larger then it was supposed to be.
I did do a gauge swatch..but a half-assed one. You know the one where you knit a 2" square instead of a 4" square and hope for the best...one of these days I will realize that plan does not work for me.
So, I ripped it out. Both sleeves, and about 1/3 of a sweater worth..and restarted.
I went from a size 2 needle to a size 0...the pattern calls for a size 5..(did I mention I was a loose knitter?)..and all seems to be well now.
Look at the difference..here are the sleeves.





It was so hard to rip it out, but now that I see the difference..I am glad I did. This is for my grand-niece..and I want it to be right! There is no room for mistakes on this one.

I have both sleeves reknit..and I am now past the point where I ripped out the body.

There's a lot more done then what the pictures show..but I wanted to show how it is coming along.


The whole deal:

Close up detail of the lace portion:


And a sleeve:
It is going pretty quickly and I am sure I will have this done by Wednesday.

But I am seriously behind on the Baby blanket. I have ignored it the past few days even though I know I need to do a certain amount of rows per day to get it done...I am going to have to put Peapod away tonight and work on the blanket if there is to be any hope of getting it finished by February first.

2 comments:

Terri said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I like your style. The baby sweater is going to be beautiful. I really like the color too. Happy knitting.

Yosemite said...

I've knit the Forest Path Stole. I did it when the Interweave issue first came out. I love the pattern. I have wanted to do it again since then but I've never gotten around to it. I just won't get around to starting this KAL until I have some other things off the needles. With me joining KnitOff I might have to wait until that is done or knit it between KnitOff knitting or when I'm eliminated.