Sunday, February 11, 2007

Anyone up for a game of checkers?

It's finally finished. And I could not be more relieved!
It was an easy knit, and I am pleased with the results..but this project just seemed to drag on forever...and ever..and ever.
But, it is done. And I think the new mama will like it a lot.



Pattern: Baby Blocks from Knit Along with Debbie Macomber, The Shop on Blossom Street

Yarn: Bernat Satin

Needles: Addi Turbos Size 6

Time to make: Nov. 3rd 2006- Feb. 11 2007 ( I didn't get serious about this until the new year.)

Thoughts: Simple, easy..but very very pretty.

Here's a close-up of the border..which is also in a checkerboard pattern..just at a smaller scale.


For those not familiar with the story..I started about 4 different baby blankets before I decided on this one.
I had seen someone in my guild make this blanket..and I had my heart set on it once I saw it. Only problem was, I did not know where to find the pattern. Then after my 4Th baby blanket attempt, I saw the blanket hanging up as a simple in my LYS, and I jumped for joy!
So I bought the $13 book for this one pattern. Then when I started knitting it, I had a huge DUH moment.
This blanket is nothing more the a basket weave! I could have figured this out on my own! But instead I let it haunt me for months..and then dropped a pretty penny to get my hands on the directions.
Oh well. Even with all that, I think it was worth it.

Now, where is the Forest Path Stole?? Oh, and that Wicked Pattern?? And that Mystery Shawl?? And, And...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love it! Having a little girl, you get alot of fluff and pink. Cute and all, but not me. And as a bonus, the day she discovers black eyeliner she wont try and hide it along with the barbies!