Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Because I am too tired for pictures, you get this. =)

The Secret Pal 10 questionnaire...I know you are so excited!!!!


(Hey, if you were my pal you might be!)


I'm not even sure if I am signed up for the dang thing. I was supposed to get a confirmation e-mail..but I have received nada so far. Or maybe I trashed it? Who knows.
So yeah, I am going to give the whole Secret Pal thing a try. It seems people love it or hate it..

Hi Secret Pal! (If I actually have one. =) ) Otherwise, Hi blogland!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?


Oh my...I guess I in this category I would have to say anything soft. I have been buying up sock yarn and lace yarn like crazy lately. I do prefer the natural fibers..but I don't mind acrylic if it's a "nice" one.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a needle storage "fabric envelope" that is overflowing at the moment..the rest are in a canvas bag. LOL

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned the bare bones of knitting when I was a kid. But I did not really learn until 3 years ago. I had a few people show me how..but it was not until I took a class and learned how to pick that I caught on.

I would say I am an advanced knitter. Anything I have not done, I am willing to try/learn.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope..not yet.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I like Jasmine, Magnolia, Vanilla, Coconut. And "clean scents." Not a big musk person or heavier smells (like Rose...I love Roses and their smell..just not on me.)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Heck Yeah! Of course I love chocolate. Especially if it has nuts or other yummers in it. I also like jelly bellies..and I have recently learned that I really like treacle toffee.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I crochet..and I used to cross stitch..I say used to because I do not have the space to start that hobby again (although I still have all the stuff.)
I took a drop spindle class a few months ago..but it did not "stick". I did not pick up on it right away, and I did not learn everything (like plying.) and so I have lost interest. I would like to get a spinning wheel and maybe try another class that was a bit more involved...but until then..I guess the answer is no.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like all kinds of music, as long as it is not death metal or gangster rap. I am a big fan of Tori Amos, Dave Mathews, Regina Spektor, Carbon Leaf, Death Cab for Cutie..but let's put it this way, between B and I we own about 500 CD's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I would say my favorite colors right now are pink and green..but I love deep reds and blues as well. And I really like pink and brown together. and lately I have been really attracted to purples.
But seriously, I have never met a color I didn't like.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I got one man..we call him B around here. And one master..I am the pet. =) She would be a cat and her name is Scrappy..or as B and I have nicknamed her...Professor Meowsenshitz.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of the above, except for ponchos...Wait, do mittens have the fingers? If not then I don't wear mittens..I wear gloves..but I could always try them out and see what I think. =)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

What isn't? I love knitting socks, lace, sweaters, hats..never made full out mittens, or gloves..I would like to try someday..but I have done the fingerless mitts.

13. What are you knitting right now?

LOL. See side bar. A little bit of everything I am sure. =)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Heck yeah! Do I look like an idiot to you?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars 1,000 %. Bamboo, plastic, and stainless steel all work for me..aluminum seems to be hard on the hands.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Doesn't everyone?

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Wow! Knitting or crocheting?
Knitting...probably about 3 years.
Crocheting?......uh 12 years maybe? LOL!

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Anyone where gifts are exchanged. =) I like Halloween too..although all the crazies have royally screwed up that Holiday. I don't even get any trick-or-treaters!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yeah, yarn, yarn, and yarn. And books, and dragonfly paraphernalia..beer, wine (but these last 2 usually disappear before I can call them a collection.)

Did I mention yarn?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I really have been wanting to buy Knitting on the Road and Sensational Knitted Socks. I have also been eyeing Lace Style, Fitted Knits, and Victorian Lace today.
I subscribe to Interweave and Simply Knitting (UK)..and just signed up for Vogue Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Hmmmmm. Let me think..all I can think of right now is maybe learning how to make gloves with the individual fingers and thumb. Or try out some of that crazy stranded Norwegian knitting ( maybe some crazy stranded Norwegian gloves? Hmm there's a thought.) I think I have tried most everything else. But I LOVE learning new techniques..so if you can think of something, feel free to hit me with it!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Uh yeah! Although I got no idea what my measurements are. But I wear a size 8..sometimes 9 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

Early November. I am a Scorpio baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do have a pal and it's me!!! I can't wait to get started because it looks like we have tons in common!
-SP10