Sunday, February 04, 2007

Endings and Beginnings

Well, look at this..


That would be a finished Peapod folks. I need to steam it once more..but it's done. I'm pretty pleased with it. This was my first time doing mattress stitch, and I think I did a decent job of it. It's not perfect, but it's not horrid like I thought it would be.

It's hard to tell (click for big) but the buttons are white with little frosted flowers on them. Fitting don't you think?

And now that I have shown you something finished..I guess it's OK to show you some of my beginning's.

Here is the start of my Forest Path Shawl. 20 rows of moss stitch on size 2 needles takes longer then you think it would! I think I'm about 14 rows in.

The yarn is called Emerald (I'm about 90% sure on that) and I got it from Handpainted Yarns. It is beautiful, and nice to work with. This was my first purchase from them, and I am very pleased with the price and the quality of stuff.

I love the needles as well..I want to say they are INOX??? They have a great bend in the join, and the tips are wonderfully pointy..and they are not slippery like the Options, or as clingy as the bamboos. Working with nice stuff makes all the difference in a project, don't you think?

And finally, here is the start of my Wicked, I just got through one repeat of the collar, but it seems like it's going to be an addicting knit.

The yarn is Patons SWS..I really like it. It's SO soft, and each of the color ways is more beautiful then the last. I chose the green/pink blend because they are my favorite colors, and they are very "Springy".

Hope you all enjoyed the Superbowl..and got to watch it in your PJ's! Yeah Colts!

3 comments:

Sourire11 said...

The peapod is lovely! And it looks like your next few projects are going to be beautiful as well! I so need to try that Patons...

Delana said...

Peapod is adorable!

Crunchy said...

Oh your yarn is lovely! I can't wait to get mine and get started!
Whereever did you get the fun little buttons to show your progress on UFO'S? I want one for my xanga!