Monday, March 12, 2007

It Has Begun..

I signed up: Sock Madness 2007


I chose the yarn:


(Crystal Palace Bamboo Cotton in Fern and Sprite Green)

I Knit:

And knit some more.........


I finished!

And I had more then enough yarn left over..even though I had a last minute freak out and almost swapped for different yarn.

I did these on size zero Addi's in Magic Loop.

Started March 10th at 6:30 am (yes that's correct)..and finished March 12th at 12:30 am.

Other contestants finished these in a day..the first pair were finished in about 7 hours. Now that is CRAZY!

Good news........I am on to the next round.

Right now, I am tired. But that was SO much fun! I am really pleased with myself that I finished so quickly.

I work well under pressure..maybe I need a competition for all my UFO's...

5 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats. That is great you are on to the next round! Way to go.
7 hrs? That might be a machine! That is freakishly fast - I hope that knitter doesn't use wooden needles. That could be a fire hazard.

Anonymous said...

Man, i'm glad I wasn't in the room with the 7 hour speed demon - it would've freaked me into inaction, lol! You did an awesome job - now I want to order some yummy greeny yarns to kni.

Jean said...

I couldn't believe how fast that first pair turned up, either! At this point, we have to consider her favored to win the whole thing, right?
Jean (Golden Purl)

Jen said...

Seven hours is crazy! Can human hands move that fast, or am I "coordination challenged"?

Your socks came out great!

I used Filatura Cervinia color 012 (100% Merino) for the original Mad Cows. It's a black, gray, and white var. with a random skein of black. (I don't get email addies with comments, so here it is.) :-)

Sourire11 said...

Ok... that's AMAZING! And they are so cute! Can't wait to see your next socks...