Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle Of...Wait Where's the Rum?

Guess it's time to restock the cabinet. Yeah, like we have a cabinet..more like the shelf above the fridge..you know what I'm talking about.

So here is take 2 of the We Call Them Pirate Hat. The first one was so huge it fit me like a flapper hat. ( I spared you the pictures of that fiasco.)
But I was bound and determined to get it right..so after a few yarn and gauge issues..I came up with this:


Modeled by the Lovely B of course.


I ended up using Knit Picks Merino Style that I had in the stash..and a size one needle for the main knitting, and a size zero for the lining. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


Here's a top action shot for you. I tried to block it, but I just could not figure out how to get the top to be pretty. I think I may try harder tomorrow by wetting it and stuffing some bags inside to form the hat.

It was a fun project..my first successful foray into the stranded knit work world. It is very warm due to the wool ( I used it for the lining as well, it is really soft.).

However..I have a "thing" with hats (not all hats just some..they make me feel like my head is getting squashed and give me headaches.) so I think this is going to be for B. He seems to like it, the hat is still on his head while I write this.

So now what..look out Alice Starmore 'cuz here I come..yeah, riiiiiiiiight.

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Nice job! Those skulls really pop with that blue.

Jen said...

Love the colors!

Sourire11 said...

Love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

i love it! it almost makes me wanna take up knitting and make one in pink.